Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

What's with the uber long break?



Yeah Yeah... I know I haven't updated this blog in a really REALLY long time! Well the big excuse I have is that I started a more of an "official" blog, on WordPress, which talks about Social Media and its relevance to Srilankans and the Srilankan business community. I've been concentrating on that since the beginning of the year and as a result I've neglected this one :( Really bad, I know. Anyways, if anyone is interested, you can read my *ahem* official blog here.

So what's new? I've got heavily involved in Social Media since I last blogged here. I've been able to convince my bosses to get more serious on Social Media for my organization and as a result we've got a lot of profiles to maintain now (yes I know, with a tiny team!) but we've been getting loads of engagement from the public and I'm really happy about that! Who'd have thought that a conventional and a so called "old school" media organization would have so much engagement on social media? You will be surprised! hehe...

I'll share some of our success storeis and well, not-so-successful stories when time permits. Till then, it's bye-bye from me, for now... and I promise to come here more often if I can help it!